Tuesday 28 February 2012

Of Fosse and Foxes hits new milestone

A personal message from the author:

Of Fosse and Foxes today passed 32,262 page views - the capacity of the King Power Stadium - and I would like to thank each and every one of you that has read these pages over the past three years. To have seen the stadium full against Real Madrid before this season and to know that I have reached a readership equivalent to the colossal support that day is breathtaking.

Conceived originally as a blog to be written by a couple of friends at school, it soon became a forgotten side-project before I gave up personal blogging and turned to maintaining a re-launched Of Fosse and Foxes as my sole online project in 2009.

Since then, the site has obtained a solid reputation for it's unfussy Conclusions and it's open approach to reporting Leicester City news. Naturally, being run by just myself there have been periods of silence here and there, notably during holidays to far-flung islands, but I have endeavoured to cover every game in as much detail as my time allows.

As the blog has grown I have endeavoured to add more features and keep every page up to date, whether through tracking transfers through the summer or providing links to every Conclusions page in a comprehensive page of results and squads for each the two seasons I have covered to date. This will surely grow into a valuable database over the coming years.

Twitter has been crucial in spreading the message of new entries and LCFC news - as my non-Foxes loyal followers (indeed there are some) have recognised to their annoyance! Follow me at @timfilbert for the latest. Of Fosse and Foxes is now embracing all facets of social media, too, with a Facebook page launched this week in anticipation of this very celebration.

I am privileged to be in thrall of so many loyal Foxes' supporters and it is the love of our great - and often frustrating - football club that keeps me willing to keep Of Fosse and Foxes going. I can only hope that, one day, I will be able to write about my Joyous Conclusions from Wembley Stadium.

Thank you for reading.

Tim Nutt

Top Posts
Reflections on the 2011 summer transfer window
1 Sep 2011
1,332 Pageviews

League Cup Conclusions from Gigg Lane
23 Aug 2011
435 Pageviews

Pearson faces press
16 Nov 2011
395 Pageviews

Forest chants subject to Police 'hate' probe
11 Jan 2012
360 Pageviews

Conclusions from St Mary's
23 Jan 2012
352 Pageviews

No comments: